- It's that time again, summer is here, time to start getting ready for that long deserved vacation. Saratoga Springs, Glens Falls and the Capital district, here are some tips to help you make sure your home is safe while you’re away.1. Have a neighbor collect your newspapers and any flyers that are left. So they aren't building up and are noticed by potential thieves
2. Hold your mail. The post office will need at least two weeks notice. You can just pick it up when you get back
3. Set timers to turn your lights on and off. This will give the appearance that you never even left for vacation.
4. Make sure all your doors and windows are locked. Sounds silly but many people leave easy access to anyone who would want to get in.
5. Don't advertise on social media that you will be away.
Do you have any tips that we could add to the list? Let us know at the Cote Insurance Agency. We want to make sure you're protected!